Contact us
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon

2800 Kenilworth Blvd.

Sebring, Florida, 33870

sebringmartialarts863@gmail.com

Tel: 863-471-2467

© 1998 by GIOS inc.

Find us

After-school Program

     At Martial Arts America, our after-school program has been rated Number 1 in all of Highlands county for the past 20 years. We teach students using a basic philosophy of positive reinforcement to build Self Esteem, Confidence, Discipline, Positive Attitude, and Values. At Martial Arts America we realize that although the ability to defend oneself is important , there are many additional benefits to be gained from involving your child in a martial arts program. Our unique method of training is unique and designed to:

 

  •  Instill A Positive Attitude

  •  Build Confidence & Self Esteem

  • Teach the Importance of Strong Values & Good Character

  • Promote the Desire to Excel in not only Martial Arts but School as Well

  • Improve Effort & Motivation* Instill Respect for Themselves & for Other

Tae Kwon Do

   Taekwondo is one of the most systematic and scientific Korean traditional martial arts, that teaches more than physical fighting skills. It is a discipline that shows ways of enhancing our spirit and life through training our body and mind. Today, it has become a global sport that has gained an international reputation, and stands among the official games in the Olympics.

 

     Let's take a closer look at the meaning of the word "Tae" "Kwon" "Do." It is composed of three parts as shown in the English spelling, though it is one word in Korean. "Tae" means "foot," "leg," or "to step on"; "Kwon" means "fist," or "fight"; and "Do" means the "way" or "discipline." If we put these three parts together, we can see two important concepts behind "Tae Kwon Do". First, Taekwondo is the right way of using Tae and Kwon 'fists and feet,' or all the parts of the body that are represented by fists and feet. Second, it is a way to control or calm down fights and keep the peace. This concept comes from the meaning of Tae Kwon 'to put fists under control' [or 'to step on fists']. Thus Taekwondo means "the right way of using all parts of the body to stop fights and help to build a better and more peaceful world." Taekwondo has been developing with the 5000-year long history of Korea, being called by several different names in the course. In Korea, Taekwondo began as a defense martial art called "Subak" or "Taekkyon," and developed as a way of training body and mind in the ancient kingdom of Koguryo, under the name of "Sunbae." In the Shilla period, it had become the backbone of Hwarangdo that aimed at producing leaders of the country.

 

     Taekwondo can be characterized by unity: the unity of body, mind, and life, and the unity of the pose ["poomsae"] and confrontation, and cracking down. When you do Taekwondo, you should make your mind peaceful and synchronize your mind with your movements, and extend this harmony to your life and society. This is how in Taekwondo the principle of physical movements, the principle of mind training, and the principle of life become one and the same. On the other hand, the right poomsae lead to the right confrontation, which will eventually produce great destructive power.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

     The word "HAPKIDO" is derived from "HAP" which means Universe combined with Harmony, "KI" which means Universal Energy, and "DO" which means The Way of Life. Hapkido is a kinetic art because it utilizes an opponent's strength against himself. Hapkido is a combination of 70% defensive technique and the remaining 30% divided between throwing, kicking, and striking. An important element of Hapkido involves subsequent immobilization of an attacker. This is accomplished by using kicking, punching, sweeping and throwing attacks to the joints and vital points on the body.

 

     Hapkido attempts to be a complete fighting style, rather than a specialization art. Along with this, it uses the soft techniques it borrowed from aikido to use an opponents' energy against them with throws and standing joint locks, along with the hard punching and kicking techniques it borrowed from Tae Kwon Do and Tang Soo Do. Weapons usage is also focused on. One of the things that makes hapkido somewhat unique is its use of circular rather than linear movements.Hapkido is meant to be a style of self defense, not sport. That said, some styles of hapkido do teach a level of grappling.

 

Benefits of Hapkido:

     Aside from the excellent self-defence aspects of hapkido there are a number of other benefits in training. Hapkido is very good all round physical training improving aerobic capability, strength, stamina, and flexibility. In addition hapkido will improve your balance, speed and awareness.

Hapkido

     The word "HAPKIDO" is derived from "HAP" which means Universe combined with Harmony, "KI" which means Universal Energy, and "DO" which means The Way of Life. Hapkido is a kinetic art because it utilizes an opponent's strength against himself. Hapkido is a combination of 70% defensive technique and the remaining 30% divided between throwing, kicking, and striking. An important element of Hapkido involves subsequent immobilization of an attacker. This is accomplished by using kicking, punching, sweeping and throwing attacks to the joints and vital points on the body.

 

     Hapkido attempts to be a complete fighting style, rather than a specialization art. Along with this, it uses the soft techniques it borrowed from aikido to use an opponents' energy against them with throws and standing joint locks, along with the hard punching and kicking techniques it borrowed from Tae Kwon Do and Tang Soo Do. Weapons usage is also focused on. One of the things that makes hapkido somewhat unique is its use of circular rather than linear movements.Hapkido is meant to be a style of self defense, not sport. That said, some styles of hapkido do teach a level of grappling.

 

Benefits of Hapkido:

     Aside from the excellent self-defence aspects of hapkido there are a number of other benefits in training. Hapkido is very good all round physical training improving aerobic capability, strength, stamina, and flexibility. In addition hapkido will improve your balance, speed and awareness.